Tuesday 26 March 2013

Medusa Mask


I finished making a Gorgon/Medusa mask today. I really like how it turned out. I used acrylic paints, glitter, marker pens and a little silver gel pen. The mask is made out of paper mache, 3 layers of newspaper and 1 layer of computer paper on the top. This was really fun to make, I wouldn't mind making more masks in the future. I decided to make a mask because I've been browsing on Deviant Art and I saw a lot of detailed masks which caught my eye, it made me want to try one myself plus I wanted to remember how to use paper mache again, I think its a good technique and it could be very useful for future projects.


Medusa- There are many stories about medusa. One that I've heard is that Medusa was one of Athena's disciples. Medusa asked Athena for permission to visit the south but Athena refused and so Medusa said that Athena was just jealous of her beauty. Athena was angered by this and so she cursed Medusa, giving her snakes as hair and turning her so ugly that any person looking directly into her eyes would turn to stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment